Outdoor spaces are often underrated in terms of decor. Just because the space is outdoors does not mean that you can’t spend time and effort making it a place of comfort and relaxation. Most of us love to spend time outdoors and , and by decorating your outdoor area, you make it more inviting to spend time making memories. We’ve compiled a few different ways to decorate your outdoor space easily!
Updating your small outdoor space has a number of benefits. It adds value to your home and creates a space of tranquility for you and your family and friends to enjoy. A beautiful garden and patio is inviting for your guests and makes entertaining a breeze, even if it is a small get together. Having a garden to work in and plants to look after gives us a sense of satisfaction as we nurture our environment. If you have children or animals, designing an inviting space will encourage them to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of nature. You will find that you want to spend more time in your outdoor space once it is decorated to your liking, which brings a peacefulness and calmness to the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
If you have a small outdoor space, there are still many options for you to create a beautiful garden to be proud of. There are a few simple things that you can do to improve your outdoor decor which can be done over time to complete your vision.
Here are a few things that you can do to update your small outdoor space:
- Upgrade your concrete paving to natural looking pavers, such as stone or clay.
- Furnish your patio with ready to assemble outdoor furniture, which is often more cost effective than buying ready built pieces. Choose comfort over style and make sure you have enough seating to cater for guests.
- Adding a fire pit to your space creates a warm, inviting atmosphere and is great for those chilly evenings. A fire pit is also great for entertaining and gathering around to enjoy drinks and s’mores.
- Lighting is important in your outdoor space – it adds to the ambience and decor, as well as provides safety and security in the darkness of the night. Small solar garden lights add a soft glow in your garden, while small LED lights are great for stairs. Choose fairy lights or string lights to add whimsical radiance to your patio or deck.
- Plant a rain garden. A rain garden diverts rainwater away from your house to plants and trees that need the water and looks really pretty too.
- Water features add a relaxing sound and certain elegance to any outdoor space. You can find beautiful small features, or create one yourself using planters and rocks.
- If you don’t have a covered space, create one. A wooden pergola is a beautiful way to create a comfortable area for you to enjoy your garden. It provides shelter and privacy from the rest of the garden.
- Use unique planters and pots for your plants and flowers. 46 & Spruce has a beautiful and unique collection of planters for decorating small outdoor spaces. The Urban Earth Round Rectangular Planter is a beautiful option for adding to your garden or around your deck area and can withstand the natural elements. Use multiple decorative planters to create visual interest in your outdoor area.
- Decorate as if you were indoors. If you have tables, don’t overlook adding decor to them. The Urban Wave Bowl is perfect for adding simple, sleek decor to patio tables. Plant a shallow garden with your favorite ground cover or plant, or add pebbles and a large candle to illuminate your outdoor living area.
- Make the most of the outdoor space that you have. If you have minimal space for gardening and plants, opt for hanging planters that add to the decor on your deck or patio. A great option is the Teardrop Geometric Hanging Terrarium which adds an interesting, modern look to your patio, along with some greenery.
Creating an outdoor space to suit your area and personality doesn’t have to be difficult. Simply follow your style and intuition and look for inspiration from other gardens. When decorating small spaces, remember that less is more- overcrowding a small space can have a cluttered feeling. Choose simple, natural decor planters for that chic, minimalistic look we see in magazines. Have fun with it and then sit back, relax and enjoy your hard work.